Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh say can you teach...

I teach a basic Microsoft Excel class. It meets monthly. Near the end of class, I always ask the students if they have any questions. Of course, there are either lots of questions or just total silence because they just realized I was not really speaking English...(lol)...


So today I got one of the most interesting offers. I never dreamed in my life that I would be offered 2nd lieutenant rank in the national guard, but it was offered to me. Of course, I laughed because I know they want me for my brain power, especially in Microsoft Excel. I do not consider myself an expert but I know enough to teach it and explain it to beginners. My brain was probably at its peak earlier this morning. Anyway it was a sincere offer...but really?...me?...hahahehe...I belong on the frontlines of library world not the military world...(chuckle once more)

1 comment:

Biker Librarian said...

In all honesty some days there may not be much difference in the frontlines of the military world and the library world and other days the library world may be more dangerous. Of course at my branch it may be more dangerous for the patrons than for me. :*) Nice to know you have something to fall back on. I think you'd probably look really good in camo. Try it on your avatar!